Here are some of our most frequently asked questions
- How do I reset my password?
Please use this link – https://scripted.video/forgot-password/
- How can I use my in-app purchase on multiple devices?
In the Support section (use the ? icon) in the settings menu, there is a ‘Restore Purchase’ button. If you click this the app will re-apply your in-app purchase. This will only work if you are signed in using the Apple ID you previously purchased the product with. Therefore you can use the full version of the app on all your iOS devices forever and only pay once.
- Is the app compatible with iPhone X?
- Can I use the app for live streams?
Unfortunately Facebook prevent apps from connecting with their Facebook Live product so this isn’t possible at the moment. It would be possible however to use the app as a teleprompter while you record yourself using a camera or webcam and stream live.
- Can I use a Bluetooth remote control device?
Yes you can. The app has been programmed to receive signals from Bluetooth remote controls. You can do the following using a remote control:
- Start and stop recording
- Pause scrolling
- Speed up and slow down scrolling
It has not been possible to test every single Bluetooth device on the market, but these are the ones which we have personally tested:
- Ckeyin ® BT Bluetooth Wireless Media Music Remote Control Camera Shutter Release Self Timer Selfie for IOS Android Windows iPhone Smartphone Tablet Devices (Black)
- I bought the Satechi device from Amazon (Satechi Bluetooth Multi-Media Remote Control – Compatible with 2017/2018 MacBook Pro, iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X, 8 Plus/8, iPad Pro, Samsung S9 Plus/S9 more (Standard Black))
The app is not compatible with the Ikan Elite Remote.
- Can I use external bluetooth microphones
Yes you can. The only limitation here is that the app will automatically use the last connected bluetooth microphone, so if you have multiple then you need to ensure that you connect the one you want to use last.
- How do I use the subtitles functionality?
The subtitles functionality can be turned on in the settings menu. There are 3 settings.. On, Off and Both.
- When it is turned ‘On’, then the video saved at the end will automatically have subtitles added to it.
- When it is turned ‘Off’, the video saved at the end will not have any subtitles.
- When it is turned to ‘Both’ then 2 videos will be saved at the end, one with subtitles and one without.
To get the most from the subtitles functionality you need to understand a little about how it works.
It simply distributes your script evenly across your video.
Therefore, to ensure the subtitles are synced accurately to your voice, you need to ensure you are reading at a constant pace. Therefore you should not keep altering the speed of scrolling, or pausing the scrolling during recording. You also need to start and stop recording using the Countdown feature (also available in the settings menu) as this ensures that the app knows exactly when you started and stopped speaking.
It takes a couple of practice runs to get right, but once perfected can save you many hours of wasted effort adding subtitles after the event.
- Why won’t the app rotate to Portrait or Landscape?
The app will change between portrait and landscape mode when you rotate the device.
However, there is a setting on your device which prevents this from happening. If you have this set then it won’t rotate. In order to check this, you need to go into the ‘control centre’. To go here, swipe up from the very bottom of the screen. You will see a number of icons, including the one shown below.
This is the lock orientation button. Please ensure this is NOT on.
Once you have turned it off then the Teleprompter for Video app will happily rotate between portrait and landscape modes.
- How do I edit the script
In the recording screen you need to tap the script to edit it. This then brings you into a script management screen which lists your scripts. Here you can create new scripts, import scripts from Dropbox or edit/delete scripts.
Simply tap the + button in the top corner of the screen to create a new script.
- Where are videos saved after recording
Once you finish recording you will be asked whether you wish to Save or Discard your video. If you press Save then the video will be saved to the Camera Roll on your device and be accessible in the same way as other videos. Once saved to your device you can edit it using your favourite app and upload to social media, or do whatever you like really.
- How long a script can I create
Using the standard version of the App you can create a script of up to 750 characters. Depending how fast you read this usually equates to a video of around a minute.
You can earn additional free characters by logging into the app, creating a script and recording a video.
If you create a script longer than your limit the app will prompt you to purchase a reasonably priced add-on. This add-on allows you to create scripts up to 65,000 characters which equates to around 1 hour of reading.
- What if I choose not to log in
There is an option to use the app without logging in. This will still allow you to edit scripts and record videos, however you will not be able to share scripts between multiple devices. You will also not have the opportunity to earn additional free characters.
- Why do I need to log in?
The reason you need to log in is because Scripted.Video allows you to share your scripts between multiple devices. If you didn’t sign in then there would be no way we could know which devices belonged to you and which did not.